|If you are unable to view this mail click here|
- ABERJE - Associacao Brasileira de Comunicacao Empresarial
- Absolute: RIO
- AcheiUSA - News for Brazilians
- Artes Visuais - Mariah Campolina
- B&B - Brasilerias Brasileiros
- Brazilian Endowment for the Arts
- Brazilian Press Newspaper
- Brazilian Voice Newspaper
- BRAZILIAN- AMERICA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC
- Consulado-Geral do Brasil em New York
- Converge Comunicações
- DATAGRO Agricultural Consultancy
- Dia do Brasil
- Diamonds Herbs
- DWM - Maquetes - Marcelo Eduardo
- E-commerce WorldArt Show
- Eduardo |Campos
- Fátima Brito - Designer de interiores
- Gazeta News Newspaper
- Gilberto Amaral
- Governo de Goiás
- Governo Federal - Brasil
- Inffinito - Brazilian Film Festival
- John Ford Model
- Life Fashion & Magazine
- Metro Trades
- Ministerio da Cultura - Governo Federal
- Miriana Lagazzi
- Na Midia por Uiara Zagolin
- National Library of Brazil
- NEW YORK EVENTS
- Radio 9 Minutos NY
- Rosely Saad - Portuguese Language Institute
- Show Room Pacaembu
- Sula Costa - Costa Consulting Co.
- US OPEN
- World Art Show
sexta-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2020
Every time we try to make progress, map manipulators dig their heels in. Wisconsin is the perfect example.
Wisconsin has been a consistent battleground in the fight for fair maps. The maps drawn in 2011 were notoriously gerrymandered. In fact, during the 2018 election, Republicans won 62% of congressional seats with only 46% of votes.
Governor Evers saw the injustice inherent in the state's maps and created a nonpartisan redistricting commission to give voters a strong voice in this process. But the existing leadership in the legislature -- who hold power because they gerrymandered the maps way back in 2011 -- committed to making sure the lines are drawn in their favor for another decade.
In 2021, we will be facing pushback from map manipulators across the country. Politicians who benefit from a broken status quo aren't going to give up power easily. That's why we're building our network of grassroots activists now who will hold elected officials accountable -- because in places like Wisconsin, the fight has already begun.
Chip in to help ensure AOTL volunteers have the resources they need to hold map manipulators accountable.
All On The Line is the grassroots advocacy campaign supported by the National Redistricting Action Fund.