This ticks me off. Opponents of Obamacare in Congress are reaching new levels of disgrace -- all to save face after realizing that repeal isn't so popular, after all.
On Tuesday, Senator Paul Ryan said this:
"We're not hatching some bill in a back room and plopping it on the American people's front door." --House Speaker Paul Ryan on NBC's "Today" show
Then -- literally one day later -- we see headlines like these:
I'm not going to sugarcoat it -- this is a pretty shady way to govern. Let's not forget that 32 million people -- million! -- could be losing their coverage because of it. "Irresponsible" doesn't even come close to what they're doing.
Demand that they release their secret bill -- and that it undergo a full review by the Congressional Budget Office before any vote to repeal Obamacare.
If opponents of the law have a repeal bill that's so great and so critical for the American people, then why are they trying to hide it?
I'll tell you why.
Time and time again, congressional leaders have put party politics before what's best for Americans' health care. Every one of their proposals so far would take away people's health care, give enormous tax breaks to the rich, and shift the cost of health care back onto the consumers who can least afford it.
Not only are congressional leaders keeping their repeal bill a secret, they're trying to ram it through Congress before the Congressional Budget Office even has a chance to score it and estimate how much it will cost, and how many people will have their health insurance taken away.
Paul Ryan knows full well that shining any daylight onto his crew's "plan" would only reveal how utterly disastrous it is for the American people.
If you're as fed up with this as I am, add your name to demand the release of the bill and a CBO score before any vote on repealing Obamacare.
Let's make our voices heard.
- ABERJE - Associacao Brasileira de Comunicacao Empresarial
- Absolute: RIO
- AcheiUSA - News for Brazilians
- Artes Visuais - Malu Perlingeiro
- Artes Visuais - Mariah Campolina
- B&B - Brasilerias Brasileiros
- Brazilian Endowment for the Arts
- Brazilian Press Newspaper
- Brazilian Voice Newspaper
- BRAZILIAN- AMERICA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC
- Consulado-Geral do Brasil em New York
- Converge Comunicações
- DATAGRO Agricultural Consultancy
- Dia do Brasil
- Diamonds Herbs
- Dilson Cavalcanti - Artist in Residence
- DWM - Maquetes - Marcelo Eduardo
- E-commerce WorldArt Show
- Eduardo |Campos
- Fátima Brito - Designer de interiores
- Gazeta News Newspaper
- Gilberto Amaral
- Governo de Goiás
- Governo Federal - Brasil
- Hotel Pousada Perdizes
- Inffinito - Brazilian Film Festival
- John Ford Model
- Life Fashion & Magazine
- Metro Trades
- Ministerio da Cultura - Governo Federal
- Miriana Lagazzi
- Na Midia por Uiara Zagolin
- NEW YORK EVENTS
- Radio 9 Minutos NY
- Rosely Saad - Portuguese Language Institute
- Show Room Pacaembu
- Sula Costa - Costa Consulting Co.
- US OPEN
- Vinha Brasil
- World Art Show