The White House
Why President Obama is speaking on global developmentWhen President Obama took office, he made global development a core pillar of America's foreign policy -- and for good reason.
When children cannot go to school, or businesses lack reliable roads or electricity, that holds back entire economies. Where poverty and despair take root, conflict, instability, and violent extremism can flourish. Fragile and failing states can incubate or exacerbate a wide range of threats that spill across borders -- from pandemics to nuclear proliferation, human trafficking to climate change.
To President Obama, global development is not "charity." In an increasingly interconnected world, it's a crucial investment in the security and prosperity of us all.
That's what he'll talk about today when he speaks at the White House Summit on Global Development. Tune in at 3:35pm ET to watch live.
The President has helped reshape the U.S. approach to development by partnering with countries, global coalitions, and the engines of American innovation: corporations, foundations, universities, NGOs, and faith-based communities.
Under this leadership, we've produced real outcomes in the lives of millions of people:
We've helped over nine million farmers, food producers, and rural families adopt innovations to improve productivity, helping boost incomes by more than $800 million.
Through President Obama's Power Africa initiative, we've supported 4,300 megawatts worth of projects that are expected to generate over five million new connections to electricity.
Tens of millions more boys and girls are in school.Take a deep dive into what global development looks like under President Obama, then tune in at 3:35pm ET to see what else we can do together to continue the progress we are making on behalf of people around the world.
- ABERJE - Associacao Brasileira de Comunicacao Empresarial
- Absolute: RIO
- AcheiUSA - News for Brazilians
- Artes Visuais - Mariah Campolina
- B&B - Brasilerias Brasileiros
- Brazilian Endowment for the Arts
- Brazilian Press Newspaper
- Brazilian Voice Newspaper
- BRAZILIAN- AMERICA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC
- Consulado-Geral do Brasil em New York
- Converge Comunicações
- DATAGRO Agricultural Consultancy
- Dia do Brasil
- Diamonds Herbs
- DWM - Maquetes - Marcelo Eduardo
- E-commerce WorldArt Show
- Eduardo |Campos
- Fátima Brito - Designer de interiores
- Gazeta News Newspaper
- Gilberto Amaral
- Governo de Goiás
- Governo Federal - Brasil
- Inffinito - Brazilian Film Festival
- John Ford Model
- Life Fashion & Magazine
- Metro Trades
- Ministerio da Cultura - Governo Federal
- Miriana Lagazzi
- Na Midia por Uiara Zagolin
- National Library of Brazil
- NEW YORK EVENTS
- Radio 9 Minutos NY
- Rosely Saad - Portuguese Language Institute
- Show Room Pacaembu
- Sula Costa - Costa Consulting Co.
- US OPEN
- World Art Show